Friday, March 27, 2009

APJ Abdul Kalam chosen for international award for his outstnading social service

Former Indian President APJ Abdul Kalam has been chosen for supposedly prestigious international award for his outstanding social service.
I have not mentioned the name of the award because I dont what it is and how prestigious it is. I am also not sure whether a former indian president and India as a whole should feel how much great about it. I am posting this simply because I myself did not know of Abdul Kalam's work in the area and would like to mention that work.

He had initiated a project to making state-of-the-art healthcare affordable to common man, bringing quality medical care to rural areas by linking doctors and technocrats, using spin-offs of defense technology to create state-of-the-art medical equipments, launching telemedicine projects connecting rural based hospitals with speciality hospitals.

No comments: